Trust Oldham held their monthly meeting last night on Zoom, below you will find the notes for the meeting, and there are some key factors to highlight.
- Philippa Whittaker will be taking the Chair for the time being as Elaine takes a sabbatical from the role due to ill health.
- We welcomed Mike and Paul to the Board of Directors.
- Darren updated the board that the Club have submitted a cashflow statement to Deloitte as part of the negotiations with the 8 players they are yet to agree terms with. This process is moving very slowly, and the Club have been waiting for the solicitors from the PFA to respond. Oldham aren’t the only club in this situation.
- We have formally requested a meeting of the Club Board as part of the process for reviewing and approving the 2018/2019 accounts.
- The debenture has now been settled in full, and both Abdallah and Simon Blitz will move onto focusing on the purchase of Boundary Park.
- We will support the Club in recruiting the new SLO and DLO officers over the coming weeks.
- The absent meeting minutes from December – January are expected to be published within 2 days of this post and will be issued in the new house style.
- The 2020 AGM will be held on July 30th on Zoom (due to Covid-19), with more details to follow.
- We intend to hold an instant “A Question of Latics” quiz using Zoom immediately after the AGM business has concluded and we hope that this fun activity will encourage more members to participate in the AGM.
- We intend to circulate this week a brief online questionnaire to members for the membership to vote on which local charity the Trust should support over the coming year.
- A 360 degree analysis of our stakeholders has been started by Philippa to continue our work of reviewing who we are, what we do and why we do it. Details will be shared as and when this progresses. For starters, the name “Trust Oldham” says the Trust is about Oldham – but makes no connection with our beloved OAFC.
Do we need a name change that connects better with our Club? Please think about it as we will be canvassing your views when we present the revised statement of the Trust’s objectives to the membership for approval before the AGM.
Philippa Whittaker, Trust Chair
We are sure that fans will welcome the fact that notes are being published within 24 hours of the meeting, and we will aim to publish notes within 3 working days of each meeting going forwards, depending upon our commitments.
End of the 2019/2020 Season
We acknowledge the ratification of the decision to end the season by the EFL today. We have helped form a number of options for fans to decide what to do in relation to any potential refund or compensation for the remaining five* home games. (Note: It did say four originally, sorry!!)
The focus now moves onto the club, and we ask them to announce the final details of this before the end of this week. Fans have been asking for some time what will happen, and now the time has come to share this information.
We will formally welcome Mike and Paul to the board with an article on the site later this week.